Scotts Valley Girls Softball
Coaches Code of Conduct
- I will provide positive support, care and encouragement for players participating in SVGS.
- I will treat each player as an individual, remembering the emotional and physical development of each player.
- I will do my best to provide a safe playing situation for all players.
- I will place the emotional and physical well being of my players ahead of a personal desire to win.
- I will do my best to organize practices that are fun and challenging for all players
- I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches and umpires at every game and practice.
- I will respect the integrity and judgment of the umpires and avoid disrespectful actions or any words towards them or in reaction to a specific call during play.
- I will display cordial conduct to opposing team coaches, players and fans
- I will not embarrass any player by yelling or reprimanding during practices or games
- I will & must employ a rotating batting order where each player moves position in each game.
- I will & must play each child at least one inning of defense on the infield every game.
- I will be knowledgeable in the rules of ASA fast pitch softball and the local rules of SVGS & will teach those rules to the players.
- I will remember that I am a youth sports coach/assistant coach and the game is for the player & not the adults.
Failure to comply to any of the above will result in:
1st offense A verbal warning from SVGS Board of Directors
2nd offense A 2 game suspension
3rd offense Permanent removal as coach/assistant coach from SVGS League.